Mazda has released pricing and specs for the 2019 mid-life update for its small CX-3 crossover SUV.
There have been a number of changes for the 2019 model year, including the standard fitment of a 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment display and reversing camera, and the addition of an electric parking brake, new centre console, updated front grille and urethane seat bolsters.
Two engines are available across the CX-3 range. The petrol option has been carried over from the 2018 model, a 2.0-litre naturally aspirated four-cylinder producing 110kW of power and 195Nm of torque. The diesel engine option is all new for the 2019 model year: a 1.8-litre turbo-diesel four-cylinder producing 85kW of power and 270Nm of torque.
The range kicks off with the newly renamed Neo Sport – priced from $23,990 drive-away for the FWD petrol with a six-speed manual, or $25,990 drive-away for the same powertrain with a six-speed automatic. Standard equipment includes 16-inch wheels with hubcaps, halogen headlights, rear parking sensors, six-speaker sound system, DAB+ digital radio, height-adjustable front seats with black cloth upholstery as well as the 7.0-inch touchscreen and reversing camera mentioned earlier.
Above the Neo Sport is the Maxx Sport, which adds 16-inch alloy wheels, climate control, automatic headlights, satellive navigation, leather steering wheel and shifter, blind spot monitoring and rear cross-traffic alert. It’s priced from $25,490 to $29,990.
Step up the sTouring (priced from $28,740 to $35,240) and you get 18-inch alloys faux-leather accented seats, heads-up display, keyless entry, LED headlights, taillights and fog lights, auto-dimming rear-view mirror, front parking sensors, traffic sign recognition and driver attention alert.
Finally, at the top of the range sits the Akari, priced from $33,990 to $40,490. On top of the sTouring’s kit there’s heated leather front seats, electrically adjustable driver’s seat, adaptive LED headlights, electric sunroof, lane departure warning, adaptive cruise control and a 360-degree camera.
The updated Mazda CX-3 goes on sale this month.
2019 Mazda CX-3 pricing (all prices are drive-away)
- Neo Sport: $23,990 (petrol, manual, FWD)
- Maxx Sport: $25,490 (petrol, manual, FWD)
- Neo Sport: $25,990 (petrol, auto, FWD)
- Maxx Sport: $27,490 (petrol, auto, FWD)
- sTouring: $28,740 (petrol, manual, FWD)
- Maxx Sport: $29,490 (petrol, auto, AWD)
- Maxx Sport: $29,990 (diesel, auto, FWD)
- sTouring: $30,740 (petrol, auto FWD)
- sTouring: $32,740 (petrol, auto, AWD)
- Akari: $33,990 (petrol, manual, FWD)
- sTouring: $35,240 (diesel, auto, AWD)
- Akari: $35,990 (petrol, auto, FWD)
- Akari: $37,490 (petrol, auto, AWD)
- Akari: $40,490 (diesel, auto, AWD)